The Chaplet of the Way of the Cross was granted to the Vincentian Order by Pope Pius IX and X. Later it was withdrawn by the Holy Office (1912), since the indulgences can be gained by using the Crucifix alone.
How to pray the Chaplet of the Way of the Cross
This Chaplet is a way of medidating on the Way of the Cross. On it, there are 15 groups of 3 beads, each, between which are medals representing the Stations of the Cross. An additional 6 beads are added as well as a Crucifix.
Beginning with the Crucifix, you bless yourself.
Prior to each group of 3 beads, say the following prayer,
"We adore You, O Christ,
and we bless You
because by Your Holy Cross
You have redeemed the World."
1 Our Father
1 Hail Mary and
1 Glory Be.
At the same time, in each group of 3 beads, medidate on the particular station. These are:
1. Jesus is condemned to death.
2. Jesus is made to bear His Cross.
3. Jesus Falls the First Time.
4. Jesus is met by His Blessed Mother.
5. The cross is laid on Simon of Cyrene.
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus.
7. Jesus falls the second time.
8. Jesus speaks to the women of Jerusalem.
9. Jesus falls the third time.
10. Jesus is stripped and receives gall to drink.
11. Jesus is nailed to the cross.
12. Jesus dies on the cross.
13. Jesus is taken down from the cross.
14. Jesus is laid in the sepulchre.