KNOWN AS: "Mother Eugenia Elisabetta Ravasio"; "God The Father Of All Mankind."
ALLEGED SEER: Mother Eugenia Ravasio>
LOCATION: Born in San Gervasio d'Adda, Bergamo, Italy.
YEARS: Born in 1907; Died in 1990; Messages in 1932.
STATUS: According to the book "God The Father Of All Mankind":
1) After a 10 year investigation and convening a Commission of Inquiry in 1935, Bishop Alexander Caillot of Grenoble, France, stated, "that a humble nun has called souls to true devotion to the Father, such as Jesus taught and the Church has enshrined in its liturgy."
2) The book received the IMPRIMATUR from Vicor General Cardinal Canisius Van Lierde, Vatican City, Rome, March 13, 1988.
3) "God The Father of All Mankind Apostolate" was formed in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania to promote the Father of All Mankind Feast day and consecration. The advisory Board includes many well known priests such as Fr. Renee Laurentian and Fr. Richard Foley, S.J. as well as Mr. John Haffert of the Blue Army.
Upon reviewing the book and website that promotes devotion to God the Father of all Mankind, the following is learned:
1) It is claimed that, "In 1932, an extraordinary event occurred. A nun named Mother Eugenia Ravasio reported that God the Eternal Father appeared to her on two separate occasions. The first time was on July 1, 1932. The second time was on August 12, 1932."
2) It is claimed that, "God the Father gave this message to Mother Eugenia in Latin, a language totally unknown to her."
3) It is claimed that God the Father requested "only this, that one day, or at least a Sunday, be dedicated to me under the title of Father of All Mankind."
4) It is claimed that God the Father said, "This is proof that souls do not know Me any more than you do, not having overcome the idea you have about Me. But now I am giving you this light. Remain in the light and bring it to everybody, and it will be a powerful means both to obtain conversion and shut, if possible, the gates of hell, for I now repeat My promise, which will last for ever: ALL THOSE WHO CALL ME BY THE NAME OF FATHER, EVEN IF ONLY ONCE, WILL NOT PERISH, BUT WILL BE SURE OF THEIR ETERNAL LIFE AMONG THE CHOSEN ONES."
5) It is claimed that God the Father stated in addressing the Pope, "I desire that the tangible sign of My invisible presence be a picture to show that I am really present."
As will be shown, there is a number of doctrinal errors in the above alleged message.
1) First of all, the Holy Bible states,
"God the Father said, 'I am God and no mortal.'" [Hos. 11:9]
God the Father is not a man, nor resembles a man!
2) On this subject, that God the Father is not a man, nor a woman, the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches:
# 239 "By calling God "Father", the language of faith indicates two main things: that God is the first origin of everything and transcendent authority; and that he is at the same time goodness and loving care for all his children. God's parental tenderness can also be expressed by the image of motherhood, which emphasizes God's immanence, the intimacy between Creator and creature. The language of faith thus draws on the human experience of parents, who are in a way the first representatives of God for man. But this experience also tells us that human parents are fallible and can disfigure the face of fatherhood and motherhood. We ought therefore to recall that God transcends the human distinction between the sexes. He is neither man nor woman: he is God. He also transcends human fatherhood and motherhood, although he is their origin and standard: no one is father as God is Father."
3) The Catechism of the Catholic Church further teaches us that to impose our own ideas of what God the Father looks like is to fabricate idols to adore or pull down:
# 2779 "The purification of our hearts has to do with paternal or maternal images, stemming from our personal and cultural history, and influencing our relationship with God. God our Father transcends the categories of the created world. To impose our own ideas in this area "upon him" would be to fabricate idols to adore or pull down. To pray to the Father is to enter into his mystery as He is and as the Son has revealed him to us."
4) The creating of images of God the Father as an old man is to literally create a false god, another idol to worship. It falls short of reflecting upon the true nature of the Divinity of God the Father as He has been been revealed to us through Jesus Christ and consequently through the Church that has preserved the original teachings of the Apostles.
To know God the Father, it is necessary to know Jesus. For Jesus
"is the image of the invisible God..." [Col. 1:15]
"Jesus is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being..." [Heb. 1:3] (CCC. # 241)
"For this reason the apostles confess Jesus to be the Word: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"; as "the image of the invisible God"; as the "radiance of the glory of God and the very stamp of his nature". [Jn 1:1; Col 1:15; Heb 1:3]" (Catechism of the Catholic Church # 241)
For in Jesus, all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell bodily, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. [Col. 1:19, 2:9]
5) God the Father is invisible and formless. Recognizing the inspired teachings of The Council Of Ephesus - 431 A.D., the Third letter of Cyril to Nestorius, regarding God the Father, it was proclaimed:
"But we do not say that the Word of God dwelt as in an ordinary man born of the holy virgin, in order that Christ may not be thought of as a God-bearing man. For even though "the Word dwelt among us", and it is also said that in Christ dwelt "all the fullness of the godhead bodily", we understand that, having become flesh, the manner of his indwelling is not defined in the same way as he is said to dwell among the saints, he was united by nature and not turned into flesh and he made his indwelling in such a way as we may say that the soul of man does in his own body."
In other words, as the human soul is to man, the fullness of God, including the heavenly Father, was to Jesus Christ. As the soul of man is invisible and formless, so is God the Father is invisible and formless. As the soul of man is his self-consciousness, the "me", the "I", the Divine Soul Consciousness, the "I am" of Jesus who had life in Himself as the Father has life in Himself, [Jn. 5:26] was God the Father.
6) As it is IMPOSSIBLE to see the soul of man, it is impossible to see God the Father! Jesus said,
"No one comes to the Father except through Me." [Jn. 14:6] "Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?" [Jn. 14:9]
Equally, it is impossible to speak to the soul of man unless you speak to his physical body. How can you ask someone, 'Show me your soul?" Whoever sees a person, sees his soul! Jesus was God incarnated! In Jesus, the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, [Col. 1:19, 2:9] the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
7) Mother Eugenia alleges that God the Father said, "ALL THOSE WHO CALL ME BY THE NAME OF FATHER, EVEN IF ONLY ONCE, WILL NOT PERISH, BUT WILL BE SURE OF THEIR ETERNAL LIFE AMONG THE CHOSEN ONES."
Such is an absolute impossibility! If salvation can be achieved by simply saying "FATHER" once in our life time, then we have been deceived by the teachings of Jesus. Nor do we require living faith in Jesus, the Church, or the Sacraments. This is EXACTLY what the messages of Mother Eugenia are implying. Say "Father" just ONCE and your are saved! It does not matter if you are a Catholic or not, you are still saved!
Such a teaching opposes most doctrines taught by the Catholic Church, the Traditions, the teachings of the early Church Fathers, of the Church Councils, the Holy Bible, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Are we to believe that our salvation comes through Christ or that we should bypass the Son and go directly to the Father? Jesus said,
"No one comes to the Father except through Me." [Jn. 14:6]
Are we to believe that Jesus lied to us or that Mother Eugenia was subject to a mental fabrication of her own mind (wishful thinking), mental illness, or possibly, Satan himself?
8) It is alleged that God the Father requested of the Pope that a tangible sign of His invisible presence be a picture to show that He is really present. The Church condemns this, such action being the fabricating of idols. Are we to believe that God the Father would oppose the wish of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church?
Jesus said to St. Peter,
"Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven." [Mt. 16:19]
Has God suddenly changed His mind? Is it now alright to make pictures of God the Father, contrary to the teachings of the Church? Is the heavenly Father suddenly setting aside the teachings of His beloved Son Jesus to make His own rules? It sure appears so!
THE END RESULT IF BELIEVED
In consideration of all the aforementioned, and with all due respect to the Church authorities who have been or are presently involved with promoting these messages, it is concluded that:
1) It is an impossibility that Mother Eugenia has seen, or spoken, to God the Father.
2) The messages of Mother Eugenia, specifically regarding salvation, oppose the teachings of Jesus, the Catholic Church, its Councils, the Holy Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Not only are such teaching non-Catholic, they are non-Christian! By opposing the teachings of Jesus Christ, they are antichrist in nature.
3) The messages of Mother Eugenia are not of Heaven, nor Divine in nature.
4) The creating of images of God the Father encourages the creation of idols to worship when the Father has already been revealed to us through Jesus Christ. Those who look at a picture of Jesus, literally see God the Father for God the Father made His indwelling in (Jesus) in such a way as we may say that the soul of man does in his own body."
5) It should also be added that the promotion of another rosary to honour God the Father serves no other purpose but to take the faithful away from the one and only true Rosary to the Blessed Virgin Mary who has promised to bring peace to the world. By redirecting the faithful towards other rosaries with false promises, Satan is weakening the power of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, shifting the faithful's loyalty from Mary to other powerless or weaker avenues.
6) The faithful are encouraged to root their faith in sound Catholic teachings, the Sacraments, the three Marian Sacramentals (The Rosary, the Scapular and the Miraculous Medal) and other recognized and established pious devotions. Much spiritual growth can be gained from reading, studying and living the Holy Bible, the Cathechism of the Catholic Church, the lives of Canonized Saints, these spiritual tools providing a secure path towards salvation.