Click on the question of your choice to be taken to the answer.
Q. 1. How many sins cry out to Heaven for vengeance?Return to Table of Contents
A. There are five sins that cry out to Heaven for vengeance.
Q. 2. What are they?Return to Table of Contents
A. Based on # 1867 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, there are:
(1) Wilful murder - the blood of Abel, [Gen. 4:10]
(2) The sin of the Sodomites, [Gen. 18:20; 19:13]
(3) The cry of the people oppressed in Egypt, [Ex. 3:7-10]
(4) The cry of the foreigner, the widow and the orphan, [Ex. 20:20-22] and
(5) Injustice to the wage earner. [Deut. 24:14-5; Jas. 5:4]